This blog is designed for my third, fourth, and fifth grade students to discuss the literature that we're reading in the library. Each week you will be required to get on our book circle blog and answer two questions. One question will be focused on a specific skill for that week, and the other question will be related to whatever book we are reading. As you know, third grade is reading the book Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, fourth grade is reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume and fifth grade is reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. Once you have answered the two questions feel free to ask a question or make a comment about something or someone from the book that got your attention. Make sure you always list the chapter and page number before you make a statement or ask a question. For example, your post should look something like this: In chapter 9 on page 45, I felt really bad when Wilbur found out that he might be the Zuckerman's ham for Christmas dinner. Ok guys your questions are posted below. Good Luck!!!
1. Explain in your own words the cause/effect relationship on page 54? Write the cause first and then the effect.
2. There is also a compound sentence on page 54, what is it?
Begin reading at, "We headed for Bloomingdale's," on page 60 and stop at the bottom of page 65 to answer the question below.
1. Explain in your own words how Peter, his mom, and Mr. Berman tricked Fudge into getting new shoes.
2. Rewrite these two sentence from page 67 into one compound sentence. We went to Hamburger Heaven for lunch. We sat in a booth.
Read pages 178 and 179 to answer the question below.
1. Use evidence from the text to explain how Edmund help defeat the White Witch.
2. There is also a compound sentence on page 179, what is it?